Top 10 Gimmicks for the Next Matmos Album
By David Abravanel, Joel Elliot, & Chet Betz | 2 July 2008
They’ve tackled the Ol’ West, plastic surgery, the British and American Civil Wars, lives of dynamic gay people, and, for their latest, taken a vow of synthesizer-only chastity. I present to you a list of ideas for their future releases, keeping in mind that the “batshit crazy sex noises” concept has already been snatched up by Nymphomatriarch (Venetian Snares & Hecate), while food and its politics was done by Matthew Herbert (on Plat Du Jour).
10. Flatulence during sex.
- Possible album title: Farts and Bones
9. Getting drunk and playing video games.
- Possible album title: Schnapps and Snood
8. Youtube celebrities.
- Possible album title: Leave Matmos Alone!!!!!!
7. Björk gets her hair did.
- Possible album title: Dead Cells Sells
6. Recordings of hipsters not listening to Simon & Garfunkel
- Possible album title: The Sound of Silence
5. George W. Bush stuttering over big words
- Possible album title: Unilateral Enunciation
4. Field recordings from inside the coffins of dead gay poets
- Possible album title: Boned By Whitman
3. Samples from Oval CDs with Baroque paintings drawn on them in chalk
- Possible album title: Masterpicesche
2. Samples from field recordings of a bris.
- Possible album title: Circumsituation (For Skin)
1. Post-modern mashup of Duran Duran and Duran Duran Duran
- Possible album title: Duran Duran Duran Duran Duran